FITCHBURG COMMUNITY BLOOD DRIVE
Sponsored by Oak Bank & Fitchburg Fire Department
Fitchburg Fire Station No. 2
2931 Marketplace Drive
Save the Date:
April 17, 2020
To make an appointment, please call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org. Save up to 15 minutes when you donate blood by using RapidPass! Visit RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass for more information.
- Join volunteer blood donors in making a lifesaving difference this April during National Volunteer Month.
- The Red Cross must collect about 13,000 blood donations every day for patients in need.
- Volunteer donors are the only source of blood and platelets for those in need of transfusions.
- Blood is needed for accident victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients and those receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease.
- Do you know someone who has never donated before? Please encourage them to make an appointment with you.
- Eligible donors with types O, B negative or A negative blood are encouraged to make a Power Red donation at this blood drive.
- Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact. During this type of donation, red blood cells are separated from other blood components, and the plasma and platelets are safely and comfortably returned to the donor.
- Type O negative is the universal blood type and what emergency personnel reach for in trauma situations when there isn’t time to determine a patient’s blood type.
- Type O positive is the most transfused blood type and can be transfused to Rh-positive patients of any blood type.
- Types A negative and B negative can be transfused to Rh-positive or negative patients.
- Save time by using RapidPass® to complete your pre-donation reading and health history online before you come to your appointment. Get started at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or by using the Blood Donor App.
- For detailed donor eligibility questions, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org.