Department: Mortgage and Consumer Loan Operations
Type of Position: Full-time/Hourly
Location: Fitchburg, WI
Date Generated: July 28, 2021
Documents and perfects collateral for new and renewed residential and consumer loans. Aids in establishing and implementing processes and procedures for the residential and consumer loan process. Aids in the daily operation of residential and consumer processing including knowledge of software, systems, regulations, and policy. Maintains professional relationships with internal and external clients as well as third party vendors.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Processes consumer, home equity line of credit, residential mortgage (including in-house and secondary market), and construction loans by completing applicable paperwork, inputting loans, and verifying documents.
- Types above loan documents according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains processing knowledge of residential mortgage loan programs including but not limited to Fannie Mae (FNMA), Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) MPF and Quicken (Jumbo Loans)
- Requests supporting documentation such as title work, insurance and any other required items as deemed necessary per established processes
- Orders and processes appraisals per procedures for residential mortgage loans
- Conducts necessary searches including but not limited to credit bureau reports, flood determination, verification of employment and deposit accounts
- Reviews and analyzes title work, deeds, loan estimates, closing disclosures, and other supporting documentation to ensure accuracy and lien position.
- Acts as a second reviewer of documents prepared by Mortgage Loan Assistants
- Perfects the Bank’s interest by recording documents at the appropriate state or county office to ensure the Bank is in the proper collateral lien position
- Disburses loan proceeds and pays invoices associated with the transaction as appropriate
- Post-closing processes, such as review for compliance, HMDA, tacking down files and scanning/indexing loan file documents
- Maintains residential mortgage loan pipeline information required
- Responsible for assisting with selling secondary market loans
- Complete Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) worksheets and enter to bank’s Loan Application Register (LAR)
- Prepare and/or review residential mortgage and consumer loan denials
- Onboards the loan in the Bank’s core system (FISERV Navigator) per the loan documents executed, including booking residential mortgage participations sold
- Processes loan documentation for participations sold (FNMA, MPF)
- Responsible for maintaining accurate loan files in either paper format or electronically
- Observes all security, privacy and compliance requirements related to the position and works with compliance to solve issues or problems
Qualifications (Education, Work Experience, Skills):
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or other equivalent residential mortgage processing and documentation work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of FISERV Premier, Compliance One Mortgage, and other mortgage loan processing systems such as Desktop Underwriter (DU) is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Standard required
- Good problem-solving skills using experience, knowledge and policies and procedures provided
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work while working independently
- Must view oneself as part of an overall team; this includes supporting others within the department and throughout the Bank to achieve overall goals of the organization
- Regard for important details to assure accuracy, detect errors and follow through on corrections and details
- Able to adapt to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations
- Knowledge of pertinent State and Federal laws and regulations
Work is performed largely in an office environment. Hours of work are generally during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm). There may be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, or other concerns.
Contact Human Resources at 608.441.6000 for information on current openings or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.